Think differently, turn off those negative thoughts.


Negative thoughts left unchecked can gather mass like a snowball rolling downhill. Many times negative thoughts shape our actions. They can cause us to abandon an idea or an activity and they can put a dent in our overall sense of well-being and affect our self-esteem. If you frequently demean yourself by saying things like, “No one likes me,” “I am such a loser,” “I can’t do anything right,” “I am not good enough,” chances are good that it’s time rework your inner dialogue.

Evaluating your thoughts can help turn a negative mindset towards a more positive mindset.  For instance:

*Is the thought I am having helpful? Am I providing a solution?
*Would I offer these thoughts as advice to a friend?
*Do I have proof or just a gut feeling that what I think is true?
*Can I cope with my worst case scenario?
*Can I do anything about this right now? If yes, take action. If no, move on.

Being optimistic and practicing positive self-talk can improve your health, reduce stress, and produce good feelings, thoughts, and emotions. Give it a try, what do you have to lose?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing from forgotten trauma

Celebrate Trans Awareness Week: November 13-19, 2021