Therapist Highlight: Nelli LaValle

Hello! My name is Nelli LaValle. I am a licensed social worker and mental health therapist from Columbus, Ohio. I have bachelor's degrees from Ohio State University in English, Psychology, and Women's Studies as well as a master's degree in Social Work. Prior to beginning my journey as a therapist, I spent time volunteering with LGBTQ+ organizations such as Kaleidoscope Youth Center and TransOhio.

I believe that therapy is beneficial for anyone but is particularly important in supporting vulnerable communities, and in order for therapy to be effective, individuals need to be able to feel safe and to feel seen by their therapist. I have experience working with a variety of individuals with identities across spectrums of gender and sexuality as well as a variety of non-traditional relationship structures.

Anxiety and depression can be linked to the coming out process or ongoing issues navigating systems where gender and sexuality can limit access to resources, support, and safety. Many individuals within the LGBTQ+ community have experienced trauma as a result of simply living life as their true selves. I am willing and able to help create a safe space for individuals to work towards their mental health goals and walk with them along the path to success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing from forgotten trauma

Celebrate Trans Awareness Week: November 13-19, 2021